Thursday, 21 August 2008

Last Night

Tonight is my last night in Switzerland. Boo! I'm flying back to London tomorrow then hitting the road to explore the rest of the UK on Monday (after my first cricket game on Sunday at Lord's!). I definitely want to come back here, especially if I can get healthy enough to do some serious hiking and climbing! I will miss having mountains in the distance where ever I go. I'll also miss the little chocolates they give you when you order a coffee! I'll miss the chocolate in general actually. I've gotten quite spoiled here. I've been at this hostel in Gryon for a week now and it's got such a great vibe and really cool people that I've come to feel at home here so it will be sad to leave. Several people who are here have come for a few days and ended up staying for months. Megan and Kevin from Canada have been here for a year. It's that kind of place. We had burrito and mojito night last night (soooo good) then watched Return of the Jedi. Lauren, who has been here for 2 months and leaves on Saturday has never seen Star Wars so they are attempting to get through all of them this week. Three more to go!

Today I took the train/bus up to Les Diablerets which is a quiet ski village in the next valley. From there I took a little ski cable car thing up to Isenau and wandered around, took pictures, took a nap in the grass and generally admired the view of the surrounding mountains. Other than the other hike the rest of my days here have been lounging about on the deck, reading, playing cards and (yesterday) shopping for burrito fixins. It's been a good week.

It's taken the full four weeks down here to really start chilling out and relaxing and not feel like I'm constantly needing to do something somewhere. It'll take all of my Jedi powers to keep a calm mind once I get back to London and have to run around for errands on Saturday.

That's it for Switzerland blogging. My next stop after London is the home of my friends The Michaels in Wirral near Liverpool where I'll spend a few days next week. Then Scotland! But for now, a bientot Switzerland!

No comments: